Email Print

City seeks candidates for boards, commissions

Staff Report
Published Jan. 21, 2013

The city of Columbia is seeking people to serve on several boards and commissions.

Here is a list of vacancies:

Columbia Museum of Art
One person is needed to help provide governance, financial oversight, resources, leadership and management of the Columbia Museum of Art. The term is five years.

Board of Zoning Appeals
One person is sought for the city’s Board of Zoning Appeals. Responsibilities include hearing and deciding appeals when someone claims that the zoning administrator has made an error in any order, requirement, decision or determination in enforcing the zoning ordinance. The term is five years.

Climate Protection Action Committee
The city is seeking a District 2, at-large and District 4 representative. Representatives will identify measures that can be taken to reduce greenhouse gases. The committee was initiated to impact climate change, but now also serves as the city's unofficial environmental clearinghouse, focusing on air quality, energy conservation, water conservation and recycling/waste reduction. The term is two years.

Columbia Music Festival
One person is sought to serve on the Columbia Music Festival board. Responsibilities include promoting the musical and artistic talents of the area’s citizens; providing centralized management, administrative and production services and coordinating for its member arts organizations and artists; and coordinating volunteer services. The term is four years.

Commercial Revolving Loan Fund
The city is seeking one community leader and one commercial bank representative for the Commercial Revolving Loan Fund. Responsibilities include reviewing and approving or disapproving applications for loans from the city’s Commercial Revolving Loan Program. The term is two years.

All applicants must reside in the city of Columbia. Applications are due no later than Feb. 28 at 5 p.m.

For applications and more information contact Connie Lucius at 803-545-4268 or send a request to Applications can also be downloaded online at