Published Oct. 12, 2012
Soda City, formerly the All-Local Farmers’ Market on Whaley Street, debuts in the 1500 block of Columbia’s Main Street on Saturday.
The open-air market will feature local vendors selling fruits, vegetables, meats, milk, eggs, cheese, as well as offerings by local artisans.
Organizers said the market will take place 8 a.m. until noon, rain or shine.
People interested in becoming vendors can fill out an online application at www.sodacitysc.com.
Emile DeFelice, one of the organizers, said he’s interested in having more of the following vendors:
- Farmers (South Carolina farmers always have priority over out-of-state produce, flowers, and meat)
- Resellers of out-of-season produce and things that never grow here such as oranges
- Local artists
- Local artisans
- Local retailers of items from skateboards to jewelry, or clothing or kitchen supplies
- Lawn and garden tools, plants, firewood, bird supplies, yard decor or furnishings
- Collectors of bottles, books, antiques or collectibles
- Ethnic food and grocery
- Hot food and drink, food to take home, coffees, teas, cold drinks
- Baked foods