Published July 18, 2012
Nine local business executives and community leaders have been elected to the 2012-2013 board of trustees at EdVenture.
The new members are:
- Daniel B. “Chip” Amaker, senior vice president and commercial banking relationship manager for BB&T bank;
- Chris Carrington, community volunteer;
- Tyrone Ellis, vice president for quality improvement, Ingersoll Rand, Club Car Division;
- Stacy Hunter, assistant vice president and actuary at Colonial Life;
- Janice Marshall, civic leader and philanthropist;
- Mike Rider, vice president and retail credit and small business manager for the Carolinas at Wells Fargo Bank;
- Seema Shrivastava-Patel, vice president of Carolina Convenience Corp.;
- Karen Smith, regional vice president for TD Bank;
- Gregory Tucker, vice president of operations for LCK Construction Services.
The officers for 2012-2013 are:
- Chris Kopecky, chair, chief accounting officer at Edens;
- Nici Comer, vice chair of external affairs, senior vice president and corporate counsel at SCBT Financial Corp.;
- Jay Swearingen, vice chair of internal affairs, CPA and shareholder at Bauknight Pietras & Stormer P.A.;
- Dave Schweiger, vice chair of governance, president of Schweiger & Associates;
- Sharon Earle, board secretary, president and owner of SIR Consulting Group.
EdVenture is a Columbia-based informal learning institution, featuring 92,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor interactive exhibit space as well as educational outreach programs and after-school programs.