Published Jan. 6, 2010
The S.C. Chamber of Commerce has announced its newly elected board of directors and executive committee for 2009-10.
The chamber board recently named the following business leaders to its executive committee:
- Joseph Salley (Chairman) – Salley is president and CEO of Milliken and Co., one of the largest textile and chemical manufacturers in the world.
- Dick Wilkerson (Chairman-elect) – Wilkerson is chairman and president of Michelin North America, headquartered in Greenville. Michelin designs, manufactures and sells tires for nearly every type of vehicle, including airplanes, automobiles, bicycles, farm equipment, heavy-duty trucks, motorcycles and space shuttles.
- Dennis Wade (Treasurer) – Since 2001, Wade has served as president and CEO of The Jackson Cos., located in the South Strand of Myrtle Beach. It is a diversified recreational real estate and service company.
- William Boyd (Past chairman) – Boyd serves as a shareholder in the law firm of Haynsworth Sinkler Boyd P.A., where his practice focuses on management of complex transactions and business counseling.
- John Creech (General counsel) – Creech, a shareholder in the Greenville office of Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart P.C., has extensive experience in employment and labor law, having represented a diverse number of companies since 1973.
- George Acker – Acker is the southern region director of government and community relations for Duke Energy. Since 1981, he has held various positions with the company in Greenville, Anderson, Columbia, Spartanburg and Charlotte.
- Reed Bolton Byrum – Byrum is chairman of Greenville’s Byrum Innovation Group, which positions companies for value in the business and investment marketplaces. With 20 years of experience, Byrum has served as a corporate executive for companies ranging from small tech firms to Fortune 100 companies.
- Willis “Trip” Gregory III – Gregory is senior vice president for human resources for Palmetto Health. His background includes extensive experience as a human resources generalist.
- Josef Kerscher – Kerscher is president of BMW Manufacturing Co. LLC in Spartanburg, appointed to the position in April 2007. From 2004 to 2006, he was plant manager of BMW’s Munich plant.
- Pamela Lackey – Lackey is president of AT&T in South Carolina. She previously oversaw the company’s public policy strategies in regulatory, legislative and community affairs activities in the state.
- David Pethick – Pethick is president of the energy and environment group of URS Corp.’s Washington division. With 37 years of management experience in the nuclear industry, he is responsible for work with the U.S. Department of Energy and the United Kingdom’s Nuclear Decommissioning Authority.
- Jonathan Pinson – Pinson is president of Greenville-based Professional Staffing Solutions. He is also part-owner of Travinia’s Italian Kitchen and the Hilton Convention Center Hotel.
- Jim Reynolds – Reynolds is owner of and president of Total Comfort and Comfort Services, a provider of HVAC services in South Carolina. Reynolds also serves the state with extensive community service in education and work force development.
- Roger Schrum – Schrum has more than 25 years of business communications management experience for five Fortune 1000 energy and manufacturing companies. He is vice president of investor relations and corporate affairs for Sonoco Products Co.
The chamber board also voted to approve the following Midlands business leaders to its board of directors:
- James Bennett – Executive vice president for First Citizens Bank, Columbia.
- Melody Birmingham-Byrd – Southern region vice president for Progress Energy, Florence.
- Michael Brenan – President of BB&T, Columbia.
- Chris Browning – President of Darlington Raceway, Darlington.
- Mia Butler – President of McLeod Butler Communications LLC, Columbia.
- Nancy Cheek – Owner and manager of Language Espresso LLC, Columbia.
- Allen Creighton – General counsel and director of public relations for Fujifilm Manufacturing U.S.A. Inc., Greenwood.
- Deepal Eliatamby – President of Alliance Consulting Engineers Inc., Columbia.
- Barry Falin – Vice president of Thompson Construction Group Inc., Sumter.
- Sara Fisher – Senior executive vice president and COO of The National Bank of South Carolina, Columbia.
- William Floyd – Partner at Nexsen Pruet LLC, Columbia.
- Avery Hilton – Executive vice president of mills for CMC Steel South Carolina, West Columbia.
- Cathy Novinger – Executive director of Novinger QTR Consulting Inc., West Columbia.
- David Pankau – President and COO, BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina, Columbia.
- Dennis Ramsey – Site manager for Eastman, Columbia operations with Eastman Chemical Co., Gaston.
- Jack Shuler – CEO of ArborOne Financial, Florence.
- Nancy Spencer – Regional vice president for Delta Dental, Columbia.
- Charles Speth II – Shareholder with Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart P.C., Columbia.
- Jean-Louis Vanderstraeten – President and CEO of FN Manufacturing LLC, Columbia.
- Craig White – Vice president of Self Regional Healthcare, Greenwood.
- Gene Wise – General manager of the Target Distribution Center for Target Corp., Lugoff.
- George Wolfe – Attorney with Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough LLP, Columbia.